When you are moving house, office or are off to a college dormitory with southeast London removals there are a lot of details involved in shifting your possessions. Dishes, kitchen utensils, books, files, clothes and furniture are just a few of the items that need to be safely packed for the move. When you are safely in your new abode there will be a huge amount of packaging waste that needs to be thrown away. At this point, your carbon footprint can be big or can be greatly reduced.
Bubble wrap, loose fill chips, composite packs of recycled foam and cardboard boxes that are partially made with recycled material and are 100 percent recyclable are a few of the packaging items you will need. Fortunately, all of these products are recyclable and are available from southeast London removals. They are in no way inferior in quality to conventional packaging materials because they are made to the same high standards. They will protect your valuable property as well as the environment. The five main reasons to use recycled packaging material are:
1. Reduce your carbon footprint by conserving resources. Packaging products that are made from recycled sources do not consume fresh raw material from forests or mines. They are made from sustainable forests or recycled plastic or paper and are biodegradable.
2. Not only do recycled packaging materials reduce the amount of raw materials taken from the earth, using them also reduces the refining and processing of these materials that often uses huge amounts of water and toxic chemicals.
3. The energy needed to manufacture recycled packaging materials is much less than what is required for producing new products. This includes the processing of raw materials as well as transportation.
4. Recycled packaging products also reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Recycling in the UK saves more than 18 million tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere which is the equivalent of 5 million cars. When recycled products are an option, they are the right option.
5. Landfills produce methane, also a greenhouse gas. Recycled packaging products reduce the amount of packaging that ends up in a landfill. When southeast London removals are cleaning up after your move, the plastic and paper waste can be biodegradable.
Moving house is a huge job and it can produce a lot of waste. This can be a problem for the environment if the waste is going to the local landfill. Biodegradable packaging materials including the small things such as clear poly-bags and degradable paper adhesive tape can give you the peace of mind that you have adhered to the strictest environmentally friendly standards and are part of the solution to global warming, not part of the problem.