As a naturally degradable material, biodegradable packaging materials play a unique role in environmental protection. Its research and development have been rapidly developed and are considered to be an effective solution to "white pollution".
Biodegradable packaging materials are polymer materials that can be chemically, biologically or physically degraded or enzymatically degraded under the action of microorganisms existing in nature such as bacteria, fungi, and algae.
The most ideal biodegradable packaging material is obtained from renewable resources. After degradation, it can be reused by organisms. The best products are carbon dioxide and water, so that the production and use of this material can be incorporated into the natural cycle.
Packaging materials, drug carriers, tissue engineering...
1. Bagasse: It is currently the most ideal biodegradable packaging material. It is obtained from renewable resources. Sugarcane seeds can generally be harvested for three years at a time. Because sugarcane is a perennial plant, it is harvested up to 7 to 8 times, generally 3 times in China, that is, after three years, the ratoons are dug out and replanted. After degradation, it can be reused by organisms, so that the production and use of this material can be incorporated into the natural cycle.
2. Polylactic acid (PLA): PLA has the characteristics of non-toxic, non-irritating, good biocompatibility, high strength, good processability, and biodegradability. The sheets, fibers, and films made are thermoformed and spun After secondary processing such as silk, it is widely used in packaging, textile, and medical fields, and its waste can be decomposed into water and carbon dioxide by microorganisms.
3. Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA): PHA is an intracellular polyester synthesized by many microorganisms. It is a natural polymer biomaterial with good biocompatibility, biodegradability and plastics. The thermal processing performance can be used as biomedical materials and biodegradable packaging materials.
4. Polybutylene succinate (PBS): PBS has excellent comprehensive performance, reasonable cost performance, and is extremely versatile. It can be used for packaging, tableware, cosmetic bottles and pharmaceutical bottles, disposable medical supplies, agricultural films, pesticides and fertilizers. Release materials, biomedical polymer materials and other fields.
5. Polycaprolactone (PCL): In addition to the easy processing characteristics of thermoplastics, PCL also has the characteristics of biodegradability, biocompatibility, shape temperature control and memory, and is mainly used as a controlled release drug carrier. Medical materials such as fully degradable plastic surgical sutures.