Did you know that making biodegradable plates and compostable single-use items is more energy efficient than making single-use plastic? Additionally, the materials used for the biodegradable plates and cutlery are renewable, so they won't deplete the planet's natural resources. If that's not enough, manufacturers of biodegradable products are more mindful of their carbon footprints and may take steps to reduce the greenhouse gases they produce. Using biodegradable dishes and compostable single-use items will also reduce your carbon footprint.
Big events are great fun, but at the end of the day, we all feel the same: tired to the core. The last thing you want to do at that point is start washing tons of dishes. Thankfully, eco-friendly cutlery requires minimal cleanup. All you need to do is put them in the compost bin to free yourself from the drudgery of doing the dishes.
The benefits of using eco-friendly cutlery are undeniable. But are they suitable for your food industry? Most likely the answer is yes! Let's look at a few examples of ideal uses for eco-friendly cutlery.
1. Outdoor Events: Any event held outdoors is a perfect match for the elegant, natural look of eco-friendly tableware. Also, outdoors must be able to handle them after they're done.
2. Weddings: Even indoor weddings are great for eco-friendly tableware! If you want to put china on your guests' tables, you can still use some great products like disposable tasting cups to serve appetizers.
3. Shows: Serving food at trade shows? You can't possibly pack glass cutlery for this. But you can still keep it elegant and sustainable with eco-friendly service products.
4. Food trucks or food stalls: Put eco-friendly cutlery in the hands of people visiting your truck or food stall so that no matter what they do with them, the environment will not be harmed.
5. Casual and fast casual dining: Reduce the number of dishes you have to cook and serve your customers food as quickly as possible!
6. Buffet: Due to the sturdiness of environmentally friendly tableware, it is an excellent choice for buffets.